Saturday, June 9, 2007

Welcome

Welcome one and all to my first attempt at blogging. I suppose I should introduce myself on the off chance that you, the reader, do not know who I am. My name is Chad Kaasa, and I am a student at the University of Washington, residing in Olympia, Washington until such time as I can resume both my studies and my exploration of vice. I will most likely major in political science, and so naturally I have strong opinions on politics. Not particularly well-informed or consistent opinions, but I'm working on that. I'm also a popular music junkie, some would say "elitist". I don't quite understand that, since none of what I listen to is particularly high brow or self-consciously artistic, but the label has stuck and I wear it with pride. Most of what I write here will be focused on those two topics.

The occasional book or film post will be snuck in as I become more adept at writing about those things. The primary purpose of this venture is to improve my writing, as I have become far too complacent in those skills. My usual writing formulas have begun to grow stale to me, and I face at least three more years of composing the same shit over and over unless I take action now.

And with that, I suppose, we're off. Let the incoherent, vulgar ranting and uninformed platitudes begin!

1 comment:

Christopher said...

So glad to have you here, my dear musical elitist. Vulgar ranting is what blogging is all about.